What Costs Are Involved When Building a Website?
Website creation cost varies highly depending on the final product and the choice for website development.
A huge factor that determines the price is the method you’ll use to build your website. Hiring a professional to do the job for you will automatically cost more than designing and building the business website yourself.
It’s crucial to have a plan and weight in the costs for every element you’ll need to create a website:
- Website hosting – web hosting makes your website accessible online and determines some of its functionality factors, like page loading speed.
- Domain name – domain name registration price varies depending on the extension and the domain name registrar.
- SSL certificate – this security certificate is crucial for all websites, especially if you’re building an online store.
- Web design – the average website development cost depends if your website will be designed from scratch or if the web design will be based on a pre-made template.
- eCommerce functionality -– if you’re building an online store, you’ll need your website to have eCommerce functions, such as payment gateways and product pages.
- Plugins and add-ons – plugins and add-ons add extra features to your website. Getting them and their pricing depends on the kind of content management system (CMS) you use.
- SEO and marketing – ensuring that your website ranks well on search engines is essential if you want to build organic traffic and reach a wider audience. To improve your SEO and marketing, you can either hire a professional or use a specific set of helpful tools.
- Website maintenance costs – this includes regular backups, updates, and other website upkeep tasks.
Now let’s have a look at how these elements make up the website creation cost.
- Website hosting $10 per year to $500 per year
- Domain name $10 per year to $30 per year
- SSL certificate $0 to $60/year
- Website design and development $300 to $10,000
- eCommerce functionality $750 to $20,000
- Plugins and add-ons $0 to $200
- SEO and marketing $0 to $100 per hour
- Maintenance fees $100 per year to $1500 per year
As you can see, the prices vary heavily depending on a variety of different factors. To gain a better understanding of how much does it cost to build a website, we have to look deeper into what kind of help you will have to outsource.
Schedule a brief phone call and we will provide you with a real time quote depending on your needs.
As always we offer the simplest solutions to save you time and $.